Like many, I was raised in a family with very high expectations. As a result, I struggled with anxiety, perfectionism, extreme self-doubt and criticism throughout my life. I was never enough.
After many unhappy, stressful years in a full-time job, in addition to training for marathons and ultras, I was injured, burnt out and depressed.
Something had to change. I knew I had to turn things around and that’s exactly what I did.
Through seeking answers to my own physical and mental health problems—including addiction and chronic injuries—I immersed myself in learning, trainings, books, certifications, and more. I healed myself and unraveled years of chronic use and abuse of my body. I discovered meditation, yoga, and ultimately coaching.
I began to instill more restorative practices into my life, which led to new resilience, grit and strength in my failures. Instead of despair, I have learned to use my struggles to understand and listen to my inner wisdom.
The issues that I had been facing, I now saw in my clients—always seeking fulfillment outside of themselves through work, alcohol, food, and other external means instead of finding ways to be content within themselves.
Now, I feel better than I did 15 years ago! It’s become my life’s work to help others find the same peace and hope without going through the “normal” health and aging issues that plague modern society. My clients are able to feel younger, more vibrant, energetic, rested and calm, so they can thrive—taking agency over mind, body, and life.
What I stand for:
- Creating a safe space for insights
- Inspiring mindsets, actions, and behaviors in line with values
- “Pattern” recognition
- Developing individuals by providing agency
- MA Journalism – University of Missouri-Columbia
- BA French – Washington University – St. Louis
- ERYT – 500 Hour Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance
- Certified Human Potential Coach
- ICF ACC (International Coaching Federation)
- Certified Nutrition Coach, Personal Trainer and Mobility Coach
- Certified Tiny Habits Coach
- Former Yoga Studio owner (Metro Power Yoga in St. Louis, Missouri)
- E-RYT Yoga Teacher and practitioner for 15+ years
- Meditation practitioner for over 10 years
- Marathoner and Ultra-Marathoner
- Web Developer, Academic Technologist with Maryville University and MIT’s Sloan School of Management for 15 years
How I can help you
I help mid-life adults feel their youngest by changing their relationship with food, movement and mindfulness.
Whether it’s through getting a handle on addictive tendencies, targeted mobility work, strength training, weight loss, or reducing stress and anxiety, I’m here to show you how to live healthier and happier by helping you gain more agency over your health and life!